While everyone is already consuming loads of pumpkin spiced everything, I’m over here trying to hold onto summer for just a little bit longer. It isn’t officially over until late-September folks…can we please not rush into Fall yet?! Pretty please with a cherry on top? Don’t get me wrong, I love the season change as much as the next girl, but you’re gonna have to come back in a few weeks for anything pumpkin related. Sorry ’bout it!
Earlier this year, I discovered and fell in love with açai bowls (thank you Instagram)! I made this discovery while living in Kansas and since I couldn’t find any place that made them I had to devise my own. Girlfriend let me tell you that the result was glorious! There is nothing more refreshing than an açai bowl on a warm summer morning, or any time of day to be honest.
Before you kiss summer goodbye and go crazy on your PSLs and other pumpkin goodies, try out my super easy, customizable, and insta-worthy açai bowl recipe. It’s a great and surprisingly filling breakfast option. Plus, this is way healthier and nicer to your body than a pumpkin spiced latte or muffin or whatever pumpkin else. Side note: don’t allow yourself to tack on those holiday pounds early!
Find my recipe below and let me know how you like it. I’d love to see your creations. Post your bowl on Instagram and mention me @lalalaleyka. Enjoy!
Smoothie Base ½ Cup VitaCoco Coconut Water 1 Frozen Banana, sliced 1 Tbsp Navitas Natural Açai Powder A bit of Honey (optional) Toppings 3 – 4 Strawberries, sliced 1 Banana, sliced 1 Tbsp Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds 1 Tbsp Navitas Naturals Goji Berries 1 Tbsp Navitas Natural Cacao Nibs 1 Sprinkle of Coconut Flakes
½ Cup VitaCoco Coconut Water
1 Frozen Banana, sliced
1 Tbsp Navitas Natural Açai Powder
A bit of Honey (optional)
3 – 4 Strawberries, sliced
1 Banana, sliced
1 Tbsp Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp Navitas Naturals Goji Berries
1 Tbsp Navitas Natural Cacao Nibs
1 Sprinkle of Coconut Flakes
1. Blend coconut water, frozen banana, and acai powder until smooth.
2. Pour acai base into a bowl.
3. Add toppings.
4. Take a pic and post it to the ‘gram.
5. Enjoy your guilt free bowl!
Things to Note:
– I recommend freezing your sliced banana overnight. I keep Ziploc baggies of sliced ripe to over ripe bananas in my freezer. I prefer ripe to over ripe because it sweetens the base a bit.
– If you want a thicker base, add less coconut water or more frozen banana.
– You do not have to stick to the toppings I use by any means. Like I said, this is extremely customizable! Some other great and equally yummy options are: granola, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango…I think you get the picture. Also, I know the Navitas Naturals products are on the pricier side. You should be able to find budget-friendly alternatives in the health section of your local grocery store or on Amazon.
– You could use any blender, but just in case you’d like to know I use the Nutri Ninja Blender.