Twinkling lights and peppermint everything, the most wonderful time of the year is here! I absolutely love December and all the good feels that come along with her (yes, I said her because I think December is totally a girl). While we’re on the subject of girls, what are you gifting all of the lovely ladies in your life? Oh, you have no idea do you? Fear not dear friend because I present to you my 2015 gift guide. Yes, you’re welcome. Now, grab a glass of wine and your wallet because you’ve got some shopping to do!
For Just Engaged
‘Tis the season for engagements. My husband actually popped the question during the holidays (oh, the beautiful memories). Anyway, you are bound to have a friend or two or three that will say yes to her beloved. The following gifts are perfect for Miss Newly Engaged.
- 1. If your friend is a realllly amazing girl and you feel like splurging, buy her a personalized necklace – with her future initials of course. $140.00+ @ BaubleBar
- 2. Weddings are so expensive. Your bestie will love you if you give her this pretty mason jar bank with some cash money in it to help her save for the most important dress of her life. $15.00 – or more if you take my suggestion of adding $$$ in there – @ ModCloth
- 3. Now that she’s got that ring on her finger all she’ll be thinking about is her soon-to-be last name. Gift her this monogram mug and you’ll surely receive a warm hug (see what I did there? yeah, I’m cheesy). $8.00 @ Pier 1 Imports
- 4. Her future husband spent a pretty penny on her sparkly new rock. Give your gal pal this beautiful dish to hold her new ring during the night. $30.00 @ Kate Spade
For Baking Queen
We all have that one friend who we can call our real life Betty Crocker. She knows exactly what to whip up to satisfy our sweet tooth. If it weren’t for her, we’d probably be a few pounds lighter, but we ain’t mad because those cupcakes though. Give your personal pastry chef any of these gifts as a thank you for all the times she’s come through for you – especially those times when she would bake you cookies to ease your PMS.
- 1. This beautiful recipe box will surely delight your friend. The box comes with 24 recipe cards, so she’ll be able to save the instructions to all of her special treats. $34.00 @ Brit + Co
- 2. I own this exact apron thanks to mi mejor amiga who gave it to me as a wedding present. I absolutely love it because just like a LBD this little black apron is timeless and classy. $20.00 @ Bed Bath & Beyond
- 3. How cute is this hedgehog baking set?! It’s a must have for your baking queen. $45.00 @ ModCloth
- 4. I’m sure your friend gets tired of being in the kitchen. Gift her the Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette. She’ll appreciate the sweet gesture (oops, I did it again). $50.00 @ Too Faced
- 5. These adorable macaron boxes look good enough to eat. Mmm. I want some macarons now. The boxes are not edible of course, but they are good to store small jewelry and trinkets. $12.99 @ Amazon
For the Graduate
My best friend graduated this weekend and that got me thinking about all of the students who graduate in December. Have a friend who just graduated this month? Congratulate and celebrate her with these awesome gifts. Even if you don’t know anyone graduating, the following items will make great Christmas presents for any lady on your list.
- 1. There’s no better way to mark the milestone of graduating than with a timepiece. This watch will surely make a statement for years to come and remind your friend of her greatest accomplishment. $115 @ Fossil
- 2. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail – one of my favorite quotes ever! Set your girl up for success with a personalized planner or notebook from Minted. $23 @ Minted
- 3. Now that she’s got her degree, the future’s so bright she has to wear shades. Buy her these stylish ones from Quay. $50.00 @ Quay Australia
- 4. Maybe she has a job lined up, maybe she doesn’t. Either way she’ll need this classic blazer as she begins her professional life. $72.00 @ ASOS
Fun fact: I am very anti-gift cards because they are so impersonal and thoughtless, so please buy or make something for the important women in your life. I trust my gift guide will steer you in the right direction.
As a friendly reminder, there are only 12 more days until Christmas! Don’t forget to use my money saving tips while you go shopping for your BFF’s. Happy Gifting!